When I saw Kelcie and Larry’s video many moons ago and offered to be their photographer before their kickstart campaign became viral, I had no idea how big their story would become. If you haven’t had the chance to read about Kelcie and Larry, you should definitely read about it here. It is so inspiring, and made such an impact on everyone around the world. My guess is, we were touched because we all hope to have the kind of love they have. The kind of love that lasts forever. They are so deserving of all the good things that have happened to them, and I hope that life continues to send amazing things their way. As I photographed them together, it was easy to see that they were just so connected. I hope you can catch a glimpse of that connection in the photos we took, it was so special to capture.
Kelcie began her wedding day in the Mickey Mouse Penthouse at the Disneyland Hotel, the stay was gifted to them by Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings and Honeymoons. It was a fun beginning to a perfect day, and if you haven’t heard of the Mickey Mouse Penthouse before, it’s a stunning suite at the Disneyland Hotel. There are surprises everywhere, and it has the most incredible view of Downtown Disney! While I was taking photos, every few minutes I would hear a “can you believe this place?” It has that kind of wow factor. 🙂
Tara from Fairytale Hair and Makeup, working her magic.
And here are Kelcie and Larry, taking a moment to write each other a card for their wedding day. I hope you don’t mind, I jumped ahead for this image collage and included a photo of Kelcie getting teary eyed reading Larry’s letter.
Larry and the guys opted to get ready in the Frontier Tower of the Disneyland Hotel.
And here are a few of Kelcie’s beautiful details for the day, I loved the soft and romantic touch, it fit Kelcie’s personality perfectly.
And Kelcie with her best gals.
I’m so in love with Kelcie’s Veil!
Kelcie and Cinderella’s Crystal Coach.
When the ceremony began, there wasn’t a dry eye in the Rose Garden. Larry was so happy to see Kelcie as she arrived.
And afterward, we took some fun photos with the whole crew.
Kelcie and Larry had a beautiful Rustic Naked Wedding Cake.
The reception was full of surprises and sweet moments. The band Train dedicated a performance of “Marry Me” to Kelcie and Larry, and surprised them with a cruise. Larry’s mother son dance was an upbeat and fun surprise, and Mickey and Minnie even made a special guest appearance.
The next day we had a private Sleeping Beauty Castle Photo Session in the park before the park opened. We had an amazing time and the lighting was just right. At one point we asked Larry if he was tired and needed a break. He looked at us and said, “More!” I’m always ready to take more photos, Larry. You don’t need to tell me twice. 🙂
We had so much fun with Kelcie and her beautiful veil.
And we were able to make a special trip over to Toon Town.
The Cast Members on Main Street were so happy for Kelcie and Larry, that they all came out and waved and cheered for them as we made our way down Main Street to say goodbye. It was one of the happiest and sweetest moments I’ve ever photographed.
And that was their day! I just know that good things are going to continue to happen to Kelcie and Larry. They deserve so much happiness, and I’m so glad they had such a beautiful wedding.
Before I say goodbye, I just want to give a shout out to all of the amazing people and vendors who helped give Kelcie and Larry a wonderful day. You really made things so special for them.
- Venue: Disneyland Hotel
- Coordinator: Cynthia Autry of Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings
- Day-of Coordinator: Julie of Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings
- Cake: Disney Fairy Tale Weddings
- Dress: Casablanca
- Wedding Veil and Headband: Jaclyn Jordan New York
- Bride’s Shoes: I’m With the Mouse on Etsy
- Guy’s Suits: Friar Tux
- Flower Girl Dresses: Posh Peanut Kids
- Floral and Decor: Kelcie, Kelcie’s beautiful Step-Mother, and a family friend
- Hair and Makeup: Tara and Dusty of Fairytale Hair and Makeup
- DJ: Victor of As You Wish Events
- Photography: Jenna, Doogie, and Louise of White Rabbit Photo Boutique
- Photo Booth: Red Carpet Photo Booth
- Dress Hangers: PR Weddings and Designs
- Balloons: Geronimo Balloons
- The band Train
- The crew over at Good Morning America
And a few others who definitely need a mention
- The Crew at Circle D
- Everyone over at Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings
- Main Street Cast Members
- Barbara and her Team of Magic Makers
- The Disney Bride Group
- Edith and her crew, you know who you are. 😉
- Michelle, for your extraordinary assistant abilities. Also, I think we still have those macaroons somewhere
- Tom Marino and his team for sending a little extra pixie dust their way
- David Tutera for his special little message to Kelcie and Larry
- The Hound and the Fox for supplying me with my editing tracks
Thanks again, I’m so honored to have worked with so many kind and thoughtful people. Have a great day everyone. 🙂